A note on how to work around the problem when Google's Gmail continuously loads in Firefox but never completes, and reloading the page or restarting Firefox does not fix the problem. There's three URLs for your Gmail account, so use the second or third alternative listed below:
- HTTP: http://mail.google.com/mail/
- HTTPS: https://mail.google.com/mail/
- Plain HTML interface: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=a
Failing that, try:
- Clearing your Firefox cache in Tools / Options / Advanced / Network / Cache.
- Older Gmail interface: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1.
Some days later, either Firefox or Gmail seems to recover. It's only happened to me twice and I haven't had time to investigate too deeply.
2008-05-01: Added couple more work-arounds for older version of Gmail and clearing Firefox cache.