2008-09-17

Cannot Open EAP (MDB) File

When I tried to open an old EAP file, EA displayed this error message: An Error has Occurred: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '…'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.. I copied the EAP file to my hard disk and tried to open it again but EA displayed the same message. Maybe there's an internal lock on the file?

An EAP file is a Microsoft Access database, so I renamed the extension from '.eap' to '.mdb' and opened it in MS-Access to see if I could unlock the file. When MS-Access displayed this warning: The database '…' is read-only., I wondered if the solution was as simple as just removing the 'Read-only' attribute from the file. Tried it and now I can open my EAP file.

No comments:

Post a Comment