Excel's AutoFill is usually activated by selecting a group of cells and dragging the fill handle (the black square on the bottom-right hand corner of a selection) with the mouse until you have the range you want. The keyboard "shortcut" (more a sequence of keystrokes than a simple shortcut) is to select the range you want first then type: Alt+h,fi,s,Alt+f,Return. The breakdown of the steps are:
- Select the range you want.
- Alt+h: show the Home menu strip.
- fi: show the Fill sub-menu.
- s: show the Series dialog.
- Alt+f: In the Series dialog, select Type=AutoFill.
- Return: In the Series dialog, press the OK button.