We had some Excel workbooks that, by default, always printed 7 copies of each sheet. A user had to change the number of copies to 1 each time she printed a sheet and the number of copies always started at 7 after she saved and reopened the workbook. The not obvious solution was to change the printer default for the workbook. Steps below:
- Open the workbook in Excel.
- Select File, Print, Print Preview.
- Select Page Setup.
- In the Page Setup dialog, press the Options... button.
- In the printer setup dialog, change the field that determines the number of copies. It varies from printer to printer. For example, for HP Laserjet P3005, it is in the Advanced tab, Paper/Output, Copy Count.
- Press the OK button to save your change.