2006-03-15

Software: Basic SVG Shapes and Javascript

Once I realised that I can reference SVG objects in Javascript by using object = document.getElementById(), it became a straightforward task to change any attribute of an SVG object using object.setAttribute(). I added a control panel to my Basic SVG page, which I started last weekend, to interactively set the attributes of the SVG objects on that page. Now, I can immediately see the effects of setting different values to fill, fill-opacity, fill-rule, stroke, stroke-linecap, stroke-dasharray, stroke-linejoin, stroke-opacity, stroke-width.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by your work so far with inlining SVG. I didn't realize it was so relatively easy using IE+ASV.

    Does it work in Opera 9 TP2?

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. I haven't tried Opera 8.5 yet; maybe I'll get a chance this weekend.

    ReplyDelete